Donegal Golf Club is currently looking to recruit a passionate, dynamic & creative candidate for the crucial role of chef/ cook at the 19th Bar & Restaurant.
The objective of your role as a Full time Chef in the kitchen is to consistently manage and develop further the following areas:
- HACCP/Kitchen Hygiene.
- Food Quality
- Food GP’s.
- Food production.
- Food Service.
We also expect you to take responsibility for the process, procedure, system and service control and the continuous quality improvement in food quality, menu type while maintaining the cost and expenditure budgets. Also ensuring the kitchen is consistently fully compliant with Health and Safety and the HACCP regulations Acts.
The core competencies required to deliver on the role objectives are:
- Problem solving ability
- Planning & Organising
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial thinking
- Leadership & leading for results
- Effective communications
- To provide vision and research and input to menu planning
- To ensure the agreed standard of uniform and personal hygiene is always carried out in the kitchen.
- To assist in ensuring all foodstuffs purchased, is to the agreed standard.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment, fixtures, and fittings, are in good working order and to ensure that no item is misused.
- To promote good working relations within the kitchen area.
- To ensure all cleaning schedules are adhered to and that hygiene is checked daily.
- To ensure that you always have a good relationship with all HOD’s especially the Bar & Restaurant supervisor and their teams
- To be aware of and comply with company policy regarding:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Customer Care
- To monitor all dishes prepared from the kitchen, and ensure they conform to agreed standard prior to food service.
- To attend any training sessions or meetings as required.
- To carry out any other duties outside your normal daily/weekly routine duties, but within the scope of your position.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health and Safety Statement and the Staff Handbook.
What's in it for you?
- Attractive Salary
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious team, committed to providing the world's best Golf Experience
- Full Time Role
- Club Administrator – Grainne Dorrian
- Email a copy of your CV to:
- Or Alternatively via post or hand in an envelope:
- FAO Grainne Dorrian
- Donegal Golf Club, Murvagh, Laghey, Co. Donegal