The primary function of the Golf Shop Assistant is providing first contact customer interaction including opening and closing of Pro Shop, booking tee times, checking in golfers through the Point of Sale, selling merchandise, cleaning and stocking the Pro Shop. The Golf Shop Assistant will also be assigned specific, often varying tasks on a day-to-day basis by the Club Administrator or her Assistant. The Golf Shop Assistant should also be able to adapt to meet changing demands and requirements while in the workplace.
About the Role:
Below is a list of essential duties and responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet guests, provide prompt, courteous and friendly customer service.
- Manage reservation system, check in guests, collect fees, and assign tee times.
- Informs players of course rules and regulations.
- Sale of merchandise and accurately reconcile cash register sales with daily sales reports
- Assists in coordinating and providing assistance in tournaments and events.
- Assists guests with all their needs while in the pro shop & ensure inquiries and requests are met efficiently and professionally.
- Maintains the pro shop environment by keeping the shop neat and orderly by general housekeeping duties.
- Accept orders/shipments and stock shelves/racks.
- Answer phones, direct calls, and answer customer questions professionally.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity.
- May be required to work early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with Club policies and procedures, follows safety policies and practices, works in a safe manner, and reports unsafe activity and conditions.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- A basic knowledge of fundamentals of the game of golf including a basic knowledge of rules, regulations, player responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of computers and information systems.
- Provide positive and professional customer service.
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious team, committed to providing the world's best Golf Experience.
- Part Time Role.
- Club Administrator – Grainne Dorrian
- Email a copy of your CV to:
- Or Alternatively via post or hand in an envelope:
- FAO Grainne Dorrian
- Donegal Golf Club, Murvagh, Laghey, Co. Donegal